Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Book Fair, Book Fair, Open House, Oy!

To say it has been a busy week is an understatement!  I was very lucky to land two great book fairs this week.  One is a unique school called The Compass School in Naperville, the other is a Montessori preschool that was very successful last year.  Saturday will be an Open House at a dance studio in a nearby town.  All great things!  The problem?  I have absolutely no voice!  How can I sell Barefoot Books without a voice?!  I am able to whisper, which is a good thing.  At least I can communicate!  And whispering has the advantage of making people really stop and listen to what I'm saying.   To be honest, it's even working here at home!  My 3 year old has been whispering right along with me!  ;)  I could get used to this!
Let's hope that my health holds up through the next four days of work, then I can rest. I find it very hard to turn down events in the fall/ holiday season.  It's such a great time to get the word out about Barefoot, and reap all the benefits of good sales! 

No comments:

Post a Comment